20.9.09

Living Cliché

Recently I looked in mirror and could see that I am starting to age. As I stared I thought about how quickly the last ten years have gone by, and how quickly the next would disappear. Realising how short life is, I thought to myself, "Why am I living my life in a way that I don't want to?" As if this thought wasn't depressing enough, I then thought, "I am full of clichés." That really made me feel bad.

(But perhaps clichés are the only thing that can be thought whilst looking in the mirror.)

2 comments:

yrf said...

I am not so afraid of aging. To me it is just part of life. I think one really just have to try as much to live by what one wants. Difficult questions and impossible to answer.

Wendy Russell said...

That is all very well, but I don't want the wrinkles.